Friday, November 30, 2012

A Publisher is Considering My Book!



Wow, two weeks full of happy numbers, a great deal of progress on my writing projects, and hearing back from a publisher that they liked my query letter and want to see more of my manuscript, marketing plan, and another synopsis!

As you probably know, Thanksgivings was last week, so it made it tough to write a post since I still have family over on Sunday. Sorry about that. I try as well as I can to at least have a post a week. Regardless, there’s a lot of report on that I’ll get to in this post.

I’ve already mentioned the bulk of the good news I received from a publisher about them wanting for me to send more info of my book. I didn’t mention what book though. It’s not the one I’m working on now, it’s the book I finished over the summer and send queries out to multiple publishers. I’ve gotten three rejection letters back so far (it’s been 2 ½ months since I sent the letters out) but this is the first reply back in the positive. They made it clear that they haven’t chosen to publish it yet, they just want more info on it since they liked what I had sent already. Here’s a little excerpt from them,
“Thanks for writing earlier this year, and please excuse the long delay in reply.  Our company has been totally swamped with submissions this year so there is a huge backlog of material to review for publication in 2013.  The good news is that your proposal stood out,” Pretty cool huh! Well, I’ve sent all they asked for so we’ll see if it pays off and they choose to pick my book up. I’ll keep you in the loop.

Besides from that, I’ve been editing a recent essay of mine that I wrote on the book Dracula. That took a bit of time out of my normal writing/editing schedule for my current book, but only for a day or two. Also was taking care of some Tomework business which was good, but again, time away from my normal grove of writing/editing my book.

Regardless of the interruptions, I’ve been able to keep some great numbers up on how much of my book I’ve been able to edit. Hopefully I’m able to keep it up as we charge into Christmas holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment