Well last week I finished my book. It’s the first draft and it is a skeleton right now compared to what I have plans to do with it. Now comes the editing along with filling in missing scenes and skimpy sections.
I finished the first draft on page 113, that’s 53,275 words, so I’ve got a good base in which to go from. I hope to fill it out to around 75,000 words or so—we’ll see.
I had just set a 3 ½ pages a day quota, but now I’m going to have to alter that since I’ll be doing pages edited/rewritten/written instead of just writing. I’m going to need to hold off on placing a quota down until next week since I’ll need this week to gauge what I can handle.
Anyways, just a little update of a post. Still working hard, and I’m glad that I have the book’s first draft finished. Writing this play by play account really has helped keep me focused. Thanks to everyone who take the time to read along.