So as you might notice, I’ve changed the title of my blog. Wanderlust has been my pseudonym for quite some time, but when it comes down to it, I want to make it as easy as possible for people to find me by my real name. Hence the name change.
Well this week has gone quite well (aside from one 3 pages edited day), and I’ve edited consistently 9 pages a day most of the week. In fact, I'm nearing the end of my book, and I’ve got some bad news: I really haven’t extended the book hardly at all.
This is mainly due to the fact that while I’ve added ten or so pages of content, I’ve also deleted about nine pages of text, so as for my plan to extend the book significantly, it's not going so hot currently. At least the total word count is over 50,000, which, by the way, is what most publishers are looking for. Anything between 50,000 to 100,000 words is considered a normal length novel by most publishers’ standards.
At any rate, I’ll soon be wrapping up my little four month marathon early. Admittedly, it looks as though I’m not going to get that glorious 365 pages that I was shooting for, but you’ve got to end a story where it should end. I don’t want to force anything unnecessary in there.
It’s been a great focus practice for me though, to write a book and have it edited within 2 ½ months is quite incredible compared to anything I’ve done before.